10 Reasons to Invest in a Townhouse
Owning a home has long been regarded as a cornerstone of wealth and security. It cannot be lost or stolen. It often appreciates in value and functions like a giant piggybank. By straddling the gap between condominiums and single-family homes, townhouses are one of the most affordable options for housing in Vancouver. Whether you’re upsizing, downsizing, or a first time buyer, here are some of the best reasons to take the plunge.
Why to Buy a Townhouse in Vancouver
- No more maintenance. Townhouses are typically managed by strata councils, which charge a monthly fee to look after all the exterior features like roofing, painting, and even yard work.
- Petunia friendly. You often get a small fenced yard for your flowers, vegetables, or organic herb garden.
- It’s yours. Sure, you’ll be sharing walls with a couple other residents, but you still get way more privacy and quiet than a condo
- Freedom. You can travel knowing that your garden will be watered and neighbors are close by.
- Value. Since construction elements like walls and foundations are shared, you often get better value for money.
- Low interest rates. Okay, this applies to any property right now, but it’s still a great reason to invest.
- Amenities. Townhouses can come with lots of great facilities like an exercise room, pool, storage, bike room, and common room.
- Extra space. With two to three bedrooms, guests aren’t relegated to an inflatable mattress in the middle of the living room.
- Your own door. You get the convenience of a complex with a neighborhood feeling.
- Variety. Vancouver has an amazing range of townhouses available. Let us find you one to suit your taste and budget. Sign up for our free townhouse watch to see what’s available today.